Sunday 6 November 2016

CAPA CONFERENCE 2016: Winnipeg



Hi everyone! I’m excited to talk about the CAPA conference this year. Since joining the PA profession in 2012 I was lucky enough to participate in the CAPA conference in Calgary and Halifax. Unfortunately last year I missed the conference in Toronto but was able to make it this year! I was truly amazed and impressed of the conference this year in my home town Winnipeg. It was heart warming to see the amount of people that attended and how CAPA and the physician assistant profession have taken a global stage.
How I felt when I entered the CAPA conference and realized how many people were there and how much the conference had to offer. (Also how I felt for the morning after breakfast from the pub crawl & gala dinner :P )



There are more studies occurring about physician assistants in Canada. And the the poster competition this year was better than ever.  (I don’t think my poster could have competed this year :P)


BIG PUBLICATION! 

Conference Board of Canada Report: PAs saving the healthcare system millions of dollars. (Links below)





This is a huge successful study for PAs in Canada. Hopefully this will open the door for more incentive to train, fund and employ PAs in all of Canada.


Physician Assistants Globally 


This picture has representatives and pioneers of the physician assistant profession and organizations from all over the world. On this panel it has PAs from United States, Netherlands, UK, Australia and Ireland. This was an eye opening conversation. We were able to compare the physician assistant profession progression in different countries. Able to compare notes of what worked and what did not. Canada still has a lot of work ahead but we are in good shape.

Stay tuned!... New PA promoting campaign! #CanadaneedsPAs
 
 
 GALA PICS
 
Trying to find a good selfie!! 3 times no luck



Even a pharmacist was present at the Gala :P who knew!

CAPA conference buddies. Throw back to 2013, Calgary
Brother Ryan! CAPA conference gala 2016
 

1 comment:

  1. Well thought content impressed me! I am glad to check out sharing information and accordingly meet with the demands. pa program requirements

    ReplyDelete